I'm waiting for the nasty repercussions this incident may have for years to
come. While Condon was refusing to leave the traffic (one of the Brit
journos in the row tabbed him "a real nutter"), the PA announced, "under the
new IAAF rules, Condon will run under protest."

There is, of course, no rush rule, and I have no idea whose idea it was to
so say. But I'm waiting for the next big IAAF meet and somebody going beserk
when they aren't allowed to do this "knowing" that it's the way the rules
read.

gh