-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kimberley Spir
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 10:59 PM
To: Robert Hersh
Cc: Kebba Tolbert; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: t-and-f: Witherspoon's NCIS HS Record

Perhaps I missed the indepth discussion regarding the three-turn stagger
and why it appears in some rule books and is not included in others. What
was done right, or wrong, according to regulation and why should this
excellent athlete be denied a well-deserved record? Who decides the high
school records in this country and what platform is acknowledged
internationally and by whom in the US? Why are some records kept, others
not? Are these sorts of regulations administered, by whom? Who is
responsible for the record-keeping and decision-making for this sport in
this country if secondary after-the-fact decisions like this can be made
when an official, at the meet, determines, after a review of the rules at
hand, that for safety reasons this is the best way to run the race?
Please clarify why the Witherspoon performance, beautiful and awesome, in
fact his whole weekend of sprint ecstacy, is just a wash to you official
record decision-makers? Who are you?
Kim