It's been so long since I have posted to the list, surely I need to break
the silence with a tough question...

Have any of you run across any resources for, or worked with directly (and
successfully), solving the pecking order that identical twins naturally
seem to have in their training and racing?  All of the examples I can
think of, one of the twins is consistently faster than the other.  Their
genetics are obviously the same, and their training presumably is, too, so
the explanation figures to be more mental than physical.

I've got a set of twins on the team (4 sets of identical twins on a
relatively small track team this year!) where one of the sisters only runs
anywhere near her best when the other isn't there, be it illness, injury,
or a scheduled break in the training.  I'm aware of it, she's aware of it,
her teammates are aware of it, and her parents are aware of it ... but
none of us have figured out how to correct it.  She's a 4-time State
qualifier -- no slouch -- so it sure would be nice to get her performing
optimally.

Twins interract with each other much differently than regular siblings!

Any insight?

Dan

http://AbleDesign.com - Web Design & Custom Programming
http://Run-Down.com - 10,000 Running Links, Fantasy T&F
  @    o      Dan Kaplan - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 <|\/ <^-  ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
_/ \ \/\      (503)370-9969 phone/fax
   /   /

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.