On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Nop <ekkeh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> My point is: There is an important difference between
> - a real, official cycleway (prohibited by law for others)
> - some way that looks like it was pretty much suitable for cycling
>
> About like  the difference between
> - a road marked as one-way (prohibited by law in one direction)
> - a road that looks like it is too narrow for two cars to pass each other

Oneway is a separate tag, not a separate highway value. This whole argument
stems from a fight over what a particular highway value should mean.
There'll never be consensus, so lets find other tags to make the
distinctions we want, and discourage people from reading too much into
highway=cycleway (I wouldn't go so far as to deprecate it, just insist that
people add tags if they want to convey a more precise meaning).

Richard