On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Elizabeth Dodd <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:47:04 +0000
> Richard Mann <richard.mann.westoxf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If there's an appropriate majority after 2 weeks, I'll move it to
>> "approved". Otherwise we'll just carry on waiting for a better idea
>> (it might be a long wait).
>
> Appropriate majority on the wiki of how many votes?
> With the tagging numbers being in their thousands, how will you decide
> on an appropriate number?

"A rule of thumb for "enough support" is 8 unanimous approval votes or
15 total votes with a majority approval, but other factors may also be
considered (such as whether a feature is already in use)."

As some have said, the fact that it's already in widespread use makes
the votes recorded on the wiki page a bit superfluous, but there's no
particular harm in formally going through the process. If anyone
raises issues when voting, the proposer is obliged to consider them
before post-vote tidy-up.

Richard