recently i stumbled across one of my edits i did over a year ago. i
mapped a new house with building=construction and the area around it
with landuse=construction. i totally forgot about that, and since
there don't seem to be any other mappers close by, nobody removed the
construction tag even though the house has been finished a long time
ago.
so i thought, maybe it would be nice to have some tags to handle
situations like this:

1) delete = <ISO datetime>

elements (node, way, area, relation) tagged with this key could be
deleted after the date given (as long as they don't share any data
with other elements)

2) delete:<Key> = <ISO date>

same as the key above, but only deletes the line for the referenced
key (if it still exists at the time)

change:<Key> = 2011-04-11T12:22:22;<Value>

same as delete:<Key>, but instead of deleting the line it would change
the value for the referenced key. if the key doesn't yes exists or
doesn't exists anymore, it gets added.

so in my case i would have added a "delete=2011-01-31T00:00:00" to the
area tagged with landuse=construction (which was over a bigger
landuse=residential area) and a
change:building=2011-01-31T00:00:00;house to the building, which at
that point was still tagged with building=construction. bots then
could check the database on a daily basis for those tags and
delete/change them accordingly.

what's your opinion on that? if the overall response is positive, i
could start a proposal for it.

flaimo