Madhavi wrote:
> I am using dbtags lib for accessing database from client side (jsp).
> It works fine with Tomcat3.0, but when I use the same thing in Tomcat4.0
it's
> falling over.
> The error reads -
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/jsp/log$jsp, method: _jspService

signature:

(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRespo
nse;)V)
> Incompatible object argument for function call at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method) at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237) at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.load(JspServlet.java:
138)

I started seeing this same error yesterday while working on a taglib based
on DBTags.  I'm using Tomcat 3.3.1.  All I did was change my tag from
BodyTagSupport to TagSupport, and deleted the doStartTag and doAfterEndTag
(?) methods.  It still compiled with no errors, but gave the 'Incompatible
object argument' error when I reloaded the jsp.

I was able to get rid of that error by putting the tag code back the way it
was, as an extension of BodySupportTag.  Which it doesn't need to be, but
it's got other problems, so I'll settle for not causing any additional ones
while I try to fix it.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.