To clarify some comments from other responders:

It is a good idea to use Struts-EL if you're going to use the JSTL.
However, for this particular example, the Struts tag library itself has
knowledge of "c:forEach", as opposed to "logic:iterate", so an "html"
Struts tag that uses "indexed=true" will work inside a "c:forEach", at
least with respect to generating the correct indexed property values.