--- On Sat, 25/7/09, Mark Pulley <mrpul...@lizzy.com.au> wrote:

> Should I be using a different tag for landuse? (I
> used leisure=nature_reserve - 'park' doesn't
> sound right - what about 'common'?)

Town commons, at least in most parts of northern/north-western NSW, were
primarily shared areas people could put their livestock when they lived in
town. Not really a nature reserve at all, although what was the town common
near Inverell was donated to NPWS and turned into a nature reserve.

The town of Tinhga, NSW itself is in the middle of town common, and you cross
cattle grids going in/out of town, and cows walk round the streets.