Steve Bennett wrote:

> I would suggest tagging the way "leisure=slipway". If you need to
> break the current specification to do so, then make a note on the wiki
> page. Tagging it "highway=service" seems wrong. Service roads do not
> go underwater...
>
> The tagging system is supposed to be flexible and updated to reflect
> changing requirements, after all.

That was my initial thinking.  When I tagged it like that, it didn't
render of  course.  And I thought it important for a boat ramp to show up.

If only "highway=ford" rendered.  But that's not right for a boat ramp
either.

Do you mean make a note on the Australian Tagging Guidelines and tag the
way as "leisure=slipway"?  As a traffic way, it really should have a
"highway=*" tag, shouldn't it?

John H