On Sun, 13 Jun 2021, at 12:21 PM, Sebastian S. wrote:
> Thanks Andrew for this great proactive communication. Please keep at it.
>
> With regards to the suburb etc tags I must say I was swayed for some time.
> However I still feel that including the full address has more benefits for
> the majority of users.
> At the same time you have also provided options for checking and maintaining
> the data. A Maproulet task that flags POI seems a good idea to me.
>
> It is true that the postcode etc can be deduced from the boundary relations
> but until this is done by the consumers for all POI I will support the full
> address.

I agree, and the posts here indicate the majority of the community prefer to
have addr:suburb on each address object in addition to the boundary. But some
community members here who don't want to see addr:suburb on the address object,
so I had to decide to either push ahead based on the majority support even with
vocal opposition, or do what I'm currently proposing which is the bare minimum
and not include these tags. I'm open to changing this if those who oppose voice
their support of a decision based on the majority even if it disagrees with
their view.