Renaud MICHEL wrote:
> Le mercredi 11 août 2010 à 13:26, Ben Laenen a écrit :
> > You could fill in the roles of those nodes in the relation of course.
> > I've  even seen the bus stop nodes being numbered, so you'd get
> > something like "stop_15" as a role.
>
> The number was used before API0.6, when relations didn't preserve ordering,
> see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:type=route#Members

As said before, at least one of the main editors (Potlatch) will destroy order
and any duplicate members in the relation if you edit it (by e.g. splitting a
way which is a member of that relation), and therefore we still can't rely on
it. If we could, there wouldn't be a problem and we could just use one
relation and just add all ways in order.

Greetings
Ben