Hello,

If you are new to OSM, I would advise you read the Beginners' guide to
start: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Beginners%27_guide or look at the
Belgian page to find translated guides and Belgian conventions:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Belgium

If you want to create GPX data from OSM, you can look at the different
routing services that use OSM data. Mapquest is the biggest company using
OSM data and offers a very stable service. You can create routes via their
route planner: http://open.mapquest.com/routeplanner but exporting it to
GPX is more difficult. It is possible though via their various APIs:
http://developer.mapquest.com/web/products/open

But you also have the possibility to use alternative routers (note that
most of these projects are small and might be replaced by other projects
quite suddenly). The fastest router is OSRM http://map.project-osrm.org/ .
It only offers car routing for now, but you can easily drag the route to
something you like better and create a GPX file from it.
A third router I could mention is openrouteservice (
http://www.openrouteservice.org/). The interface isn't so handy (adapting
routes, zooming, panning etc) and it's slower than OSRM, but it does
provide various types of cycle routing (race cycle, mountainbike, safest
track ...) and it's easy to export the route.

Do note that those projects aren't part of the OSM project. OSM is only
about data (not about routing, rendering or searching). The projects that
use the data are all separate from OSM (although most have overlap in
userbase).

I hope I helped a bit with this.