(Argh! For some reason i don't get the talk-ca mailing list messages as they
happen, only when the build list arrives with 10 or so messages, anyone know
how to fix that)

Anyway, great work Michael Barbanov on the GeoBase NRN import, great to see
someone else has figured out the magic to make geobase2osm work!
AND you fixed up the instructions, awsome! thanks.

Re: Address data.

The +'s and -'s of CanVec data.   What im doing when i convert all te canvec
features is this;
1 - List all the features, (including LX_2420009_1trail.osm) in the folder;
These all can be used to view each feature separatly, and compare with
Existing OSM, and (Edit Copy/ hide layer / edit paste on OSM layer) which
works well.

2 - I Merge all the features into 1 layer, then save that as an appropriatly
named osm file. (if the file is too big ie. wooded area i leave it out, you
can merge it yourself if you like, or have a super computer for number
crunching)
 So this can be used in the same way, just you can select lots of features.
Ideally, just work at a small OSM area (around your GPS tracks of the day),
so your not copying other stuff, and incase other mappers are also looking
at the file at the same time.     (which is why we have mapping parties)

3 - I have that belovid 'extra' folder which contains the infamous
'TR_1760009_1roads_segment_GeoBase' although the data is not as updated as
Geobase (canvec dataset is partially DERRIVED from geobase, thus, a delay in
data). and can also be used.  As an overlay (for those anxtious to start,
but no GeoBase roads yet)
(BTW, the extra folder also contains contours to look at, as well as the
bounding box for the area - Also to look at, --- but like the 'forbidden
room' in a house, dont touch the plastic covers)

3a -.I can add the tags "address:left:first" address:left:last"
"address:right:first" "address":right:first" "address:right:last".   (this
is available in Canvec, and also in GeoBase)
What i can to is write a script which creates just those 1 tags on lines..
Would which migh help
I could also add those tags on this (canvec version) of the roads file.
However, ....

I decided not to add these tag to the 'TR_1760009_1roads_segment_GeoBase',
because the Geobase roads are more uptodate, and dont want people to be
updating the area will the most complete data.  The house numbering system,
of having it imbedded in the road, is rather difficult to get it rendered
right, and doesnt match the current system of addressing roads.  So the best
solution is to omit those house number:first:last:left:right tags, and deal
with them separartly.

The canvec2osm script is  STILL in BETA, this the tags that have been chosen
can still be fixed, with out that much trouble. Which is why im not
broadcasting the fact that some samples are available. (if there's an error,
and the tile is already loaded. .. it's hard to manually fix it.)

So what can be done later (or now) is,, i can made "canvechousenumeber2osm"
script.  Where it creates a simple line with just those 4 tags.  These could
then be rendered so that the actual number shows up as a 'name'.  What needs
to be possable in JOSM is to have the ability to angle the name tag to a 45
/ 90 / 135 degree, so the actual rendered number can show up on an angle.

I can now begin work on that scripting, 'cause i think it's possable to make
it work.  (thank's SteveC for asking - no questions are stupid :)

And finally, I hope you all underrstand the reasoning for me not releasing
the BETA script until all the bugs are taken care of.  (fortunatly for me,
it's seems that more peope are anxtious for the roads than everything else.
:)

Here's the 092c13 ucluet, BC area now.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.9576&lon=-125.5573&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF

Cheers,