On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 14:36 -0700, Sam Vekemans wrote:

>(Argh! For some reason i don't get the talk-ca mailing list messages as
>they happen, only when the build list arrives with 10 or so messages,
>anyone know how to fix that)

Sam, this is usually called digest mode.  You should be able to change
your settings at http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ca.

[snip]

> The canvec2osm script is  STILL in BETA, this the tags that have been
> chosen can still be fixed, with out that much trouble. Which is why im
> not broadcasting the fact that some samples are available. (if there's
> an error, and the tile is already loaded. .. it's hard to manually fix
> it.)
[snip]
>And finally, I hope you all underrstand the reasoning for me not
>releasing the BETA script until all the bugs are taken care of.
>(fortunatly for me, it's seems that more peope are anxtious for the
>roads than everything else. :)

You've probably heard the open source maxim: release early, release
often.  You might get some useful feedback on the source if you did.
Food for thought -- I'm not going to push someone to release code
before they feel it's ready for public consumption.

>Here's the 092c13 ucluet, BC area now.
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.9576&lon=-125.5573&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF

Wow, that really changes the look of the map.  My only question is about
what happens to the straight line border at the edge of the tile when
you go to import the next one.  Do the areas get joined up, or are there
incident borders over the length of the area?  If the latter is the
case, do the folks who know about these things think it would be hard to
de-duplicate them later (or does it even matter?) so that the (eg wooded
area) can be interpreted properly?

Looks good though, to my eye.

cheers,
        Austin.