On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting thought. What sort of fabric (I am thinking that some
>> fabrics would make things worse (silk? polyester?))? How large? Also,
>> how well does it work?
>
> It works brilliantly.  It's Mom-made, so, of course, it's perfect.  :)

Always the case :-) .

> The non-skid portion is, I think, the same stuff used to keep your
> carpet from slipping.  The rest of the fabric is "just decorative", so
> mine has a map theme.
>
> I've asked Mom if she would consider making another that I could give
> away.  If so, I won't have it for  a few weeks, at least.

Long, strange story, but I have a sewing machine (old, and simple, but
very functional). Getting some small pieces of oddball fabric should
not be hard in Toronto's garment district (near King and Spadina),
some beans (or similar filler) and making four straight seams all
seems easy enough.

So, three ideas worth further investigation:

- A GPS holder specifically designed for the eTrex 20
- A dollar store notepad or cell phone holder adapted to hold GPS
- A bean-bag made to cradle the GPS.

All good stuff, thanks all.

Colin.