Hi,

On 15.03.19 16:23, Danny McDonald wrote:
> I think many people on this list fundamentally misunderstand the way OSM
> operates.  Most OSM contributions are made by individuals who see a
> gap/mistake in the data and fix it.

True!

> It is not a "community process"
> where contributions are made by a group of "local mappers" (although
> this sometimes happens).

True!

As long as we're talking normal, everyday, "manual" mapping. Like, 100
edits a day, or maybe 1000 edits on a good day.

For things that go beyond a little mapping by the individual, we tend to
have processes, e.g. for imports, for automated edits, for organised edits.

The general idea behind the discuss-these-things-first rules is not that
one mapper is better than another, but quite the opposite: One mapper
alone can actually make stupid mistakes or suffer from bad judgement,
something that the larger community can help against.

Bye
Frederik