It's signposted as a bridleway (only the northern section), so it is
technically correct. On the basis of map whatbyou see on the ground, thats
a valid change. So long as it have bicycle=yes, and retains the NCN
information, I don't think it matters that much. Oliver is right though,
use by horses is essentially non existent. In visual terms, one might call
it a track, which happens to be designated a bridleway.

The southern section is specifically designated as a cycleway.

David