When the busway was being built, I thought that the path should be tagged as a
bridleway, because that was to be its legal status.  But after it was surfaced,
somebody tagged it as cycleway, and I came round to the view that this was
better, because it more accurately describes the nature of what has actually
been built.  I remember in another discussion on tagging, somebody said "if it
looks like a duck, call it a duck".  To me, it doesn't look like a bridleway,
most of which are dreadful for cyclists.  So I thought the way this path was
tagged (highway = cycleway, designation = public_bridleway) was the most
accurate way of doing it.  I think this is Oliver's point.

Anyway, I'm not going to change what Jamie Abbot has done because I know it can
be argued either way.  Like Maids Causeway, Maid's Causeway or Maids' Causeway,
depending on which sign you look at :-)

For the name tag, I think Martin (Cyclestreets) added it originally as a
descriptive, as it doesn't have a name.

I think perhaps I'll send a note to JA mentioning these points, and noting his
error at the St Ives end, and see what he says.  Unless anyone has any other
ideas?

Richard