On 29/04/2010 09:10, Graeme Wilford wrote:
> Anyone know where we are with this?
>
> http://opengeodata.org/surrey-county-air-survey

Graeme,

Sorry -- I've been meaning to write this up on the wiki. Gravitystorm
has created a set of tiles for z19 using the imagery. The tiles are
available at:

http://gravitystorm.dev.openstreetmap.org/surrey/!/!/!.png

if you know how to add that to the editors -- if not I'll write some
proper instructions real soon now. They haven't been added to the preset
backgrounds on Potlatch, so you'll need to add them by hand if that's
your editor of choice.

The imagery itself is very good. I've seen a few places where it doesn't
quite match with my GPX traces, but enough places where it does to trust
it in the majority of places.

Needless to say, you should only trace an are you know well or can
visit, since there's no way of identifying many features just from the
images. But for where you've mapped already, it's fantastic.

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)