On 30/04/2010 11:48, Andy Allan wrote:
> However, the new owners of the imagery gave us it to use for tracing,
> so I'm pretty sure any licensing issues are solvable technicalities,
> so I'd say crack on with using it.

That's exactly what I've been doing. However, I've noticed a varying
amount of agreement between the imagery and traces I've taken over the
years. Sometimes it's bang on, sometimes there's up to 5 metres of
difference between the two. I realise this could be down to the traces
being inaccurate, but I've seen places where the average of many tracks
still doesn't quite match the imagery.

If I get the chance I'll take some reference points around Guildford
that are easily identified on the images to see how far they're out, if
at all. If I do manage this, is there any way of using the information
to reproject the images?

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)