Simon Ward <si...@...> writes:

>>Surely the purpose of OSM is to create
>>a freely usable, complete and high-quality map.

>I didn’t say any different, but I did say that one of OSM’s things is to
>map what’s actually on the ground.

Agreed.  My point is that very often, the OS Street View or Locator data is
a better guide to what's actually on the ground than the existing OSM data.

I think we are all in agreement on the main point, though, which is that if
the two sets of data conflict then additional evidence (such as another new
ground survey) is needed to decide which is correct.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>