On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com> wrote:

> You should note that PotLatch2 uses the space version when using the
> 'simple' interface.

(What's with the L?)

> And anyone who uses PotLatch will be increasing the preponderance of the '30
> mph' version.
>
> All I ask is that we have a consistent recommendation across OSM for units.
> Ie, do units have a space before them or not as a preference?

I did some research into this in December and made sure that potlatch
inserted spaces. It was by far the most common variant when I looked
into it using tagwatch, and it matched the detailed discussion on the
wiki. I didn't feel there was anything to be gained by going against
convention or trying to change the convention.

https://github.com/gravitystorm/Potlatch2/commit/bb74a041a6f4724c7a434ece6878b233aa9ede2a

Now of course, the interface is smart enough to recognise non-space
variants and display the correct values, so no mappers should really
care. I would therefore suggest that anyone who is exposing themselves
to whether or not to enter a space when mapping should upgrade to a
better editor! :-)

Cheers,
Andy