monxton [mailto:gm...@jordan-maynard.org] wrote:
>Sent: 19 April 2011 3:24 PM
>To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [Talk-GB] National Byway rendering on OpenCycleMap
>
>Lately I've been doing some tagging of the South-West region of the
National
>Byway, and I'm finding it quite disappointing that it is not rendered on
the
>cycle map.
>
>I've rummaged around in the history of this issue and located what I think
are
>the most relevant thread starters:
>
>http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2010-May/009449.html
>http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2007-
>September/005861.html
>
>also Richard's summary on the forum:
>http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=4141
>
>These, and other threads I haven't listed, tend to end with Andy saying
that
>he will render the National Byway tags in their own colour some time in the
>future.

I guess we need to be patient with Andy. Yes it would be nice to see it
rendered as a brown line or whatever with little
http://www.thenationalbyway.org/img/nb_logo.gif shields instead of the
Sustrans NCN numbering. But I'm sure it will happen eventually.

>Is there any likelihood that that time is nigh? I know this sounds like a
nag, so if
>there anything that can be done (style files?) to help get to that point,
I'm
>happy to volunteer.
>
>(I know not everyone here cares for the National Byway. For me, it hits the
>spot for route planning much better than the Sustrans routes, which tend to
>be just too slow for long journeys.)

The two are trying to do very different things, each to their own.

Cheers
Andy
(Yet another Sustrans Volunteer)