Andy Allan wrote:
> Ooh, a golden opportunity to point out (to Richard of all people :-) )
> that the key / value pairs are just arbitrary UTF8 strings and can
> mean whatever we want them to mean. So the letters n-e-t-w-o-r-k
> could mean "importance classification" and n-c-n could mean
> "cycling route of national importance" and we can all go home
> happy.

So now I can point out to you that "arbitrary importance scales are
generally considered harmful in OSM" and we can have that argument too. It
just gets better. ;)

Your map, your call. Personally I'd be very saddened to see the National
Byway rendered in the same way as the National Cycle Network as I think
it'd (a) look shit (b) not be helpful to users. But it's not my map.

cheers
Richard