This sounds a bit like "yes it is/oh no it isn't" tags. If it's not an
actual cycle route, then it shouldn't be otherwise identically tagged
but just with additional "official=no" or "operator=Some Wishful
Thinkers". I think your earlier suggestion of tagging them separately
to lcn/ncn/rcn would be best.