On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 13:04 +0100, Robert Norris wrote:
> IIRC the OSM map before had the Upperford Copse as footpaths only which is
> correct (I remember once going to cycle there several years ago but found out
> I was not allowed). The Southern section (name North Boarhunt?) only has
> signs about 'Riders needing permits', which previously I thought applied to
> cyclists. But now I think means Horse Riders.

Yes, I mapped the paths in Upperford Cose as highway=footway when I
originally surveyed them years ago. I guess it is understandable that
the FC want to discourage riders in that area as the paths are generally
much narrower than the rest of the forest.

> Well I've now finished my edits
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/robbieonsea/edits) and hopefully got them
> right, but still many more paths there and the 'Oak Trail' is only partly
> surveyed.

It's looking great. From what I recall there are some more paths in the
South-West corner near the A32 but it certainly looks like all the main
ones are covered.

> Maybe we should organize an East Hampshire OSM people (maybe for a pub walk /
> or mapping party ) get together some time this summer - it would be great to
> meet AndyS, NickW and any other like minded individuals.

I'm up for it. Finding enough to sustain a mapping party might be
difficult (South Hants is more or less road and footpath complete) but
we could make it a social. Anyone else interested?

Andy