Hi Chris

Would it be possible to somehow use this data with the building
outlines from OS OpenMap?. I know that data is somewhat
simplified/generalised, but maybe combined together we could get an
idea of how the simplified shapes from OS OpenData are terraced and
even get their heights. I'm not talking about an import, but an
imagery layer with both combined somehow.

I've used OS and OSM data combined to produce free scenery for flight
simulators http://world2xplane.com/2015/03/30/gb-pro-scenery/. (I've
used OpenStreetMap for other countries for great effect, but the UK
data lacks detail). Despite the simplified data, I've used various
simple algorithms and rules to try and terrace the buildings
automatically (It doesn't need to be 100% accurate for the
flight-sim), and the results have given realistic looking UK towns and
cities. For my next version of the scenery, I'm going to use this data
to also get the correct building heights (my subtracting the height
from the land mesh underneath). Perhaps this effort could be useful
for OSM in some way.

Regards

Tony