I corrected a couple the other day. One labelled place=farm cannot have
been a farm for a hundred years or more, just retaining "Farm" in the name.
It is in the urban part of Oakham, and is now a family house with a large
garden.

In general place=farm & place=isolated_dwelling can be regarded as
incorrect mapping more or less anywhere in the UK. I'd just about accept
the latter for Bron-yr-Aur (
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/368956264/history), but in most cases
cartographic choices about labelling farmsteads and outlying houses are
just that and can safely be left to suitable post-processing steps. In the
vast majority of cases (i.e., not Poultry Houses) the most suitable tag is
addr;housename.

I re-tag when there are a lot in an area I am editing.

Jerry