On 23/04/17 09:55, Andy Townsend wrote:

I may have got hold of completely the wrong end of the stick here, but
assuming I understand the question properly, I think you're asking how
two names appear for trails at e.g.
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=14&lat=53.14563&lon=-1.75507

It's not so much that two different names appear, and not overwrite one another. But for each relation you get multiple labels along the route. I'm getting very few labels on a particular route.

You can see my example here, where I've got the Cumbria Way.

http://openmaps.the-hug.net/?&m=330478.34705711|530841.03293706|7

I get 3 labels over the whole length. One near Carlisle, one between Skiddaw House and Mosedale, and another the other side of Coniston. Now this as it happens is using my own table imported from a shapefile.

However, the effect is the same when I do use the osm tables (I haven't made it live yet). I tried pulling out snippets of your ldpnwn specif code putting them into mine. But I still get only a few labels rendered. My stylesheet for rendering ldpnwn is similar to yours. So I'm kind of confused as to where the magic is that places multiple labels instead of just a few?

Thanks,
Beth