On 19/10/17 13:15, Adam Snape wrote:
Despite postcode polygons sometimes being used, they are really just automatically calculated from the delivery points to which the postcode applies.

There is an extended version of the postcode, which includes an extra two (I think) characters, that qualify it to an individual delivery point. I think you have to subscribe to the Walksort service, or similar, to be able to see the list of those, but anyone who receives official mail with a pre-printed bar code, could, in principle, find their full code.