On 03/10/2019 09:26, Mark Goodge wrote:
- The key (and deliberate) limitation Code-Point Open is that it doesn't distinguish between residential postcodes and postcodes assigned to "large users". This is not ideal but still useful - we know the postcode exists at a given location, we just can't be sure if it is the only postcode there.

ONSPD solves this problem, because it includes the "large user" flag.

That would be very useful, indeed. I didn't know ONSPD has it. From a cursory look at it in the past, I've got an impression it was simply a repackaged Code-Point Open plus some ONS specific data.

The data format itself is not a big issue. To do any nontrivial data processing we still need to import data into something like GeoPandas and run some queries in there. Not that GeoPandas is that great either (the key feature, spacial join, is not accelerated) but that's a separate topic.

ndrw6