Thanks for this Chris,

I've just added about 100 addr:postcodes to some of my manor in no time at all.
It was mostly pretty easy to identify a good match for and existing building.
Then I went back and added a source tag as an afterthought.

Great stuff all round, I''l try to remember to make at trip to raggedred.net
part of future mapping exploits.

---
https://hdyc.neis-one.org/?spiregrain
spiregrain_...@ksglp.org.uk

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019, at 2:20 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
> I would not like to see that happen. OSM maps real objects, postcodes are not
> real and only apply as a part of an object's address. They apply to buildings
> (delivery points on buildings really). The postcodes in Codepoint Open are
> centroids derived from a combination of all the delivery points that share
> the postcode so are not at all real-world objects.

> If you want to apply postcodes to addresses you can see the map overlay I
> have produced which you can use in editors as an overlay:
> https://codepoint.raggedred.net/ I will update it again shortly. You can also
> derive postcodes from other open data sources such as FHRS data.

> --
cheers
Chris Hill (chillly)