The fact that so many buildings are being mapped as building=yes when more
accurate tagging is plainly obvious makes this an utterly frustrating
project.

Saying that others can come along after and correct it is a totally
avoidable requirement by using more appropriate tagging in the first place.
Its also unlike to ever get corrected as evidenced by the volume of data in
Ireland that was created and never improved upon.

The logical approach should be to map it as house/garage/shed etc and ONLY
use building=yes if you cannot make an educated guess.

Doing otherwise puts this data on the level of the tiger import.