Jeff Meyer writes:
 > On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Russ Nelson <nel...@crynwr.com> wrote:
 >

 > > Right. So what do you think of the set of rules that I posted a bit ago?
 > >
 > Well... I like mine better. ('natch!) "Pursue the truth & agreement & do
 > no harm." is a little easier to remember and covers all the cases covered
 > by the 5 rules put forth.
 >
 > It seems that, if followed, rules 3-5 will almost certainly create more
 > confusion than they resolve.

People like simple rules because they're simple. But when you go to
figure out what the rules mean, you have to interpret them. What is
"agreement"? Agreement with you and your buddies as to how to tag?
Agreement with existing tags? Agrement with the documentation in the
wiki? Agreement with some book that somebody wrote once? Agreement
with Steve Coast (all hail the master)?

If you don't start with good rules, you'll have to invent them, under
pressure and with people yelling at you. Which is kinda what we're
doing here, now.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog