> On 11/giu/2013, at 21:07, Mike N <nice...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > Often, I can't determine the subdivision boundary from either Bing or a
> survey; I'd need to see an organization map which would be of questionable
> license.
>
> or ask the people that live there, would that be feasible?

Sometimes subdivisions map cleanly to neighborhoods.  But not always.

In the USA aspirational neighborhoods are common, if not the rule.  As a
neighborhood gets trendy more and more people at the edges (and more and
more Realtors) latch on to that name.

The Zillow data is a very rigid idea of what a neighborhood is.
Walk three blocks away from "Noe Valley" and ask what neighborhood you are
in,
and you're likely to get four answers.  Capturing that diversity would
produce a far more useful neighborhood guide than just importing Zillow.