Minh Nguyen writes:
 > On 2015-04-03 22:25, Russ Nelson wrote:
 > > Greg Morgan writes:
 > >   > * In my case, TIGER isn't all the that bad.
 > >
 > > In some NY counties, TIGER is very good. In other places it is like
 > > Stevie Wonder was in charge of quality control. What I've heard is
 > > that the maps they were digitizing off were of MUCH lower resolution
 > > than we have available now.
 >
 > I wonder if it was even about the resolution in some counties. It's as
 > if the data was traced off a cartogram, or maybe reconstructed from a
 > table of intersections.

Perhaps. There is definitely a "trope" that you see on TIGER data with
a lot of variance. It is a Y used at an intersection that really
should be a T. I know that when I see that trope, I'm gonna be editing
all the ways attached to it.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog