I did another round of extracts to cover state parks and state
wildlife areas.  You can see the geometry of everything now in the
.osm files inside https://kbk.is-a-geek.net/tmp/mi_sf.zip.

The tagging is still pretty sketchy - you guys need to discuss what
tagging can be created automatically (as with
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import:_NYCDEP_Watershed_Recreation_Areas)
- I think that at least 'boundary=protected_area' 'protect_class' and
'protection_title' can be worked in, and there may be others.  There
are a few validation errors in the data that are probably best patched
manually. Then there needs to be a plan for how you plan actually to
do the work of conflation, produce coherent change sets, and offer a
limited-scale sample for review. (And once there *is* an import plan,
then we need to go over to 'imports' to discuss it more broadly)

The next immediate step, I think, is for the locals to review the
extracts that we have and provide feedback. That's certainly a part
that I can't do. I'm willing to be on this project as a programmer,
but can't be a local mapper - I'm not familiar enough with Michigan.