I truly love the level of detail we get "coming out of the woodwork" so that we
may have excellent real-life examples to share with one another (and +1 to one
another, too!)

To be brief about it (rare for me, I endeavor to get better):  good examples,
discussion / dialog and sharing our real-world experiences and knowledge is
only going to help things.  If somebody reading now has a more-concrete
understanding of differences between old-, alt-, official-, and so on, hooray.
If such sharper focus finds its way into a more-enlightened sentence or
paragraph in a wiki, great.

Chip, chip, chipping away at it (are all of us),
SteveA