Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> writes:

> I didn't even want to weigh in on the discussion, mine was more a
> comment on process. You shouldn't delete something that has been there
> for 10 years and then say "btw let's discuss" ;)

Agreed.  Also, I think OSM has a defer-to-locals notion, and people far
away changing things in CT/RI against the wishes of locals seems not ok.

If the locals talk among themselves and do it themselves, that's
something else.  But so far it seesm everybody from New England (as well
as our neighbors in NY) who has spoken up seems to be in favor of
letting county boundaries stay regardless of how they fall on some
strict definition of government.