Grant

I don't have this on any authority, other than a brief 2 minute
conversation with one of the guys in the department while I was there.
There could be broken telephone, and I don't know to what extent this
is the case.
In any case, if it makes it easier / cheaper / better for them to
purchase their information from a private company... then why not? I
don't think they are doing that good a job in any case if they are
handing out warnings about the accuracy of their data when they
distribute (e.g. street names). I think we will have a more detailed /
up to date set in any case.

Regards,
Brendan

If you are looking for more info on this, I suggest contacting the department.