Hi,

> Please read and comment on the proposal at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Highway_administrative_and_physical_descriptions

The "highway:physical" enumeration cries out for one of those
decision-charts, don't know how they're called in English, the ones
where you always have a yes/no question and are routed to the next
question depending on your answer, and finally arrive at your desired
result.

The wiki page has a kind of poetic quality to me, with its talk if
"super_two"s and "suicide lanes", and how there's a street type for
every phase of a man's life (from being a minor via the primitive
stages you become significant, then you might link to become a
super_two... oh well I think I should rather go to bed now.

Not the kind of comment you were asking for, probably. Sounds like
it's never going to work, to be honest. But do try.

(BTW, AFAIK, over here in Germany E-roads are exclusively motorways,
and they all have the E-number in addition to a national number.)

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'