Alex Mauer wrote:

And a polish commenter says "There are four categories:

     * state, classes A, S, GP and sometimes G
     * voivodship, classes G, Z, sometimes GP
     * powiat (county), classes G, Z, sometimes L
     * gmina (commune), classes L, D, sometimes Z"

Again, it fits very well (national/regional/county/local)

Because it was me who wrote it I just add that yet another level for highways might be useful. I would actually call it local, now I tag the unclassified. Not so long ago they have been named living_streets[1]. They are often maintained no by the commune (gmina) (or any higher administration unit) but by the owner of the housing district.

[1]http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Tag:highway%3Dliving_street

--
Było mi bardzo miło.               Czwarta pospolita klęska, [...]
>Łukasz<                 Już nie katolicka lecz złodziejska.  (c)PP

Masz ostatnia szanse !
Sprawdz >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1d02
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:=C5=81ukasz Stelmach
n;quoted-printable:Stelmach;=C5=81ukasz
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1