On 26/03/2008 15:33, David Earl wrote:
> In your case, Zürichstrasse is apparently closer to Wallisellen than
> Dübendorf, so I'm afraid that's the point of reference you get in the
> expanded context. Name finder is based entirely on proximity; I'd need a
> reliable set of boundary information everywhere to do otherwise.

... or info in an object to say what immediate settlement it belongs to ...

> However, looking at the map, I'm a bit suspicious about this, so I'll
> maybe look at this a bit more when I get time.

I was doing a qualified search, so I got a different result. On its own
it is OK - though Zurich - which is only 5km away after all - gets
attention rather than Dubendorf.

It's a hard call. I did do a kind of weighting in the "where am I"
feature to give a reasonable spread of places of different kinds -
though again Tom hasn't implemented this in quite the same way on the
home page.

David