Gervase Markham wrote:
>Sent: 14 May 2008 2:01 PM
>To: talk@openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Developers requested to help provide
>"completeness" tools
>
>Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Once we have a few applications in place that get viewed by *many*
>> people, we could just have a button somewhere along the margin of the
>> page that says: "I know the area and what I see here looks correct".
>
>Would it not make more sense to have a button saying "This map is
>incorrect in some way", and it opens a text box optionally inviting you
>to say what is wrong. These notes can then be stored, and if someone
>comes to redo that area of the map, can provide guidance.

I think we need both. We need a method of communicating to OSMers that they
can, for the time being, ignore an area and a separate ability for viewers
of the map to "notify" errors and omissions to OSMers exactly as you
describe, the latter perhaps being limited to areas that have been marked by
the former as "complete".

Cheers

Andy