> Steve Chilton wrote:
> > Dermot
> >
> > There are two reasons why your "tag combination ought to be able to
> > render correctly as is" statement is not valid.
> > Firstly - as Thomas pointed out - mapnik likes one feature per way.
> > Secondly - landuse=grass is not rendered at the moment (because of the
> > vast disagreement on the whole landuse/natural/grass thing).
> > What I am guessing you have on the ground is a residential square with a
> > road round the outside and a grassy bit in the middle. There is no way I
> > know of for mapnik to interpret this correctly from a double-tagged
> > single way like this. It would have to be able to draw a line, a road
> > fill, a second line, and then the grass fill.
>
> Dermot,
>
> this sounds a lot like you're using the same way to form the centre of
> the road, and the boundary of the grass. wouldn't it be easier to use a
> separate way to represent each?
>
> i can't imagine the grass extends to the middle of the road
>
> or am i getting the wrong end of the stick?

Well, I'd say that the way does not represent the middle of the road, but the
entire road (otherwise you would have to leave streets unconnected at
crossings, because the incoming street doesn't extend to the middle of the
other street either).

But the way it is currently tagged, I would interpret it as an object that is
both a road and a grass area at the same time. I would strongly recommend to
stick to the "one feature == one way" paradigm.

Regards, Marc

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03