On 17 Dec 2008, at 09:47, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> On Wed, December 17, 2008 03:22, maning sambale wrote:
>>> Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6?
>> May I request the coders (I'm a mapper not a coder ;).  To give us an
>> overview of what will the API 0.6 will be all about?
>
> Basically, you'll have to enter a brief description for every bunch of
> edits (just as you have to do when you update a wikipedia page) that
> you
> upload.
>
> This should allow for easier change reviews, and much easier
> rollbacks.
>
> Most read-only tools should work with little or no modification, and
> most
> mappers won't even have to change their workflow (besides filling up a
> textbox writing what the bunch of edits was about).

Sounds good.

For the avoidance of doubt, is the format of the planet file changing
or does this just affect the API between editors and the DB?

Is there anything that we must change in OSM Mapper (the product) to
accommodate the new API? Is there anything we 'could' change in OSM
Mapper to take advantage of new content in the planet file? In
particular will the text associated with the changeset be available in
the planet file. Finally - if the planet file is changing - are there
sample planet files with this additional information available for us
to test with OSM Mapper prior to the switch-over.

Thanks,

Peter