On Wed, December 17, 2008 10:57, Peter Miller wrote:
> For the avoidance of doubt, is the format of the planet file changing
> or does this just affect the API between editors and the DB?

IIRC, the format for .osm files will be *very* *similar*. The only
differences will be that, instead of usernames, you'll get user IDs.
Supposedly, you'll get the ID-username mapping at the beginning of the
file (so you can cross-reference or search-and-replace to your hearts'
content).

The node-way-relation stuff, and tags, won't be touched.

Stay tuned for the final specifications of the 0.6 API, as I might be wrong.

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.