On Wed, December 17, 2008 06:49, Nathan Mixter wrote:
> Just wondering. Shouldn't buildings be rendered behind roads. Currently
> buildings are drawn above a road when the road is wide like a highway or
> major road. Obviously buildings don't cut into roads. If the road layer is
> on top this won't happen.

A "major road" doesn't have to be wide by default. I hereby invite you to
visit Guadarrama, where a trunk road (the "N-VI") has only two lanes, and
buildings are just one meter away from the asphalt.

Yes, I agree that the rendering is messed up at low zoom levels (see Naga
City in the Phillipines), but at higher zoom levels, I see no other easy
solution.

(In a perfect world, a road would be not a line, but a polygon, so the
width and area could be perfectly known).

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.