Wow, Naga City is full of buildings. How did they get so many? Are those all
building=yeses? Crazy. And I thought adding all the industrial and commercial
buildings was bad. Anyway I still think that if the building layers were set at
a lower layer level by default and the roads to a higher, it might look better.

On Wed, December 17, 2008 06:49, Nathan Mixter wrote:

> Just wondering. Shouldn't buildings be rendered
behind roads.

> Currently buildings are drawn above a road when the
road is wide like

> a highway or major road. Obviously buildings don't
cut into roads. If

> the road layer is on top this won't happen.

A "major road" doesn't have to be wide by
default. I hereby invite you to visit Guadarrama, where a trunk road (the
"N-VI") has only two lanes, and buildings are just one meter away
from the asphalt.

Yes, I agree that the rendering is messed up at low zoom
levels (see Naga City in the Phillipines), but at higher zoom levels, I see no
other easy solution.

(In a perfect world, a road would be not a line, but a
polygon, so the width and area could be perfectly known).

Cheers,

--

Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una
herramienta compleja.